- Search Results
 
 
UNMIL Donates To Bomi County Health Team
Date Uploaded: Sep 10, 2014

Bomi County Flag

 

 

 

 

UNMIL Donates To Bomi County Health Team

By David Seedee, LINA Bomi County Correspondent

TUBMANBURG, September 9 (LINA) - The United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL) has donated US$19,990 to the Bomi County Health Team (BCHT) in support of the county’s fight against the Ebola disease.

Presenting the amount on behalf of UNMIL Bomi County Sector in Tubmanburg on Monday, UNMIL Press Information Officer (PIO) Madam Frances Alsei said the fight against Ebola should not be left with the government and the Liberian people alone, noting that the international community should also be involved.

She said the US$19,990 represents 80 percent of the amount requested by the BCHT, while the remaining 20 percent will be given when the BCHT submits a report of expenditure of the 80 percent.

Madam Alsei said the money will be used to purchase laptops, laboratory equipment and other things necessary for the eradication of the Ebola disease from the county.

Receiving the amount on behalf of the BCHT, the Acting County Health Officer, Dr. Gabriel Logan, said US$8,996 of the amount will be used for logistics, while US$11,023 will go towards sensitization and awareness.

Dr. Logan expressed the Bomi County Health Teams gatitude  to UNMIL for the contribution at this crucial time in the country’s history.  

He assured UNMIL that the money will be used for the intended purpose.

LINA DPS/TSS/PTK

 

latest headlines
Judge Kaba Reserves Ruling In E.J. Roye Building Case
Judge Yussuf D. Kaba of the Civil Law Court has reserved ruling in a motion for Declaratory Judgment filed by some individuals calling themselves ...more
CENTAL Raises Eyebrow About Political Parties Spending
The Center for Transparency and Accountability in Liberia (CENTAL) has expressed concern over the expenditure of political parties on fleets of n ...more
LTA, Partners End Int’l Internet Workshop
The Liberia Telecommunications Authority (LTA) and partners have ended a two-day international workshop on ICANN (the Internet Cooperation for As ...more
Liberia To Host GIABA Plenary, Ministerial Meetings
Liberia will host the Intergovernmental Action Group against Money Laundering in West Africa (GIABA) 27th Technical Commission/Plenary and 17th M ...more
GOL, Sweden Sign US$21.6m Accord On Feeder Roads In 7 Counties
The Governments of Liberia and Sweden have signed a US$21.6 million agreement to support the third phase of the Liberia-Swedish Feeder Roads Proj ...more
Defense Ministry Relaxes Camp Ramrod Eviction
The Ministry of Defense has with immediate effect put on hold its notice of eviction to inhabitants of the 72nd Camp Ramrod Barracks in Paynesvil ...more
 
All rights reserved © 2013 - 2014
Liberia News Agency